Saturday 10 October 2015

Lemon Tiramisu


I like Tiramisu, or I should say I like mascarpone cheese filling. Mascarpone cheese is very rich and creamy. I like the taste in my mouth. I still remembered when I started to learn how to bake or make a cake. Tiramisu was on the top of my list. Then, I found out it is not hard at all. Lady finger is harder than preparing the Mascarpone Cheese filling. I don't find out how to bake a very good lady finger yet so that... please excuse me there is no link of lady finger this time.

Back to Lemon Tiramisu, I designed this one because of my friend who don’t like to eat chocolate by-product, but like Mascarpone Cheese. I think we still get plenty lemon so that why not to make a Lemon Tiramisu.

Recipe: A 15 x 20 cm dish



Steps of Mascarpone Cheese Filling

(1) Whisk egg white. Add 1/4 tea spoon of lemon juice in when egg white starts to have some bubbles on the top. Egg white should be beaten until it is light and stiff enough. Then, set aside.
(Selena’s Kitchen Talk: The bowl with egg white needs to be clean and dried totally.  Otherwise, the egg white can’t be whisked to light and stiff.)


 
(2) Add egg yolks and Mascarpone Cheese and vanilla extract into a big bowl. Mix them well.

(3) Add sugar into the cheese mixture. Well-incorporated all ingredients
(4) Fold-in egg white into the cheese butter gradually and lightly.


 
Steps of Assembly

(1) Add 2 Table Spoon Water into the rest of lemon juice
(2) Brush lemon juice over the top of lady finger. And Then, layer this lady finger into the dish until it covers the bottom


(3) Pour some Mascarpone Cheese mixture over the top.
(4) Repeat step (2) and (3) twice so that we can have 3 layers.
(5) Pour a layer of lemon curd over the top of Mascarpone Cheese filling. Leave in the fridge over night. Cut it before serving it.


 
I was worrying about the flavor of lemon curd will be too strong so that we cannot enjoy the flavor of mascarpone cheese. The flavor of this lemon tiramisy is perfect. It is a very fresh and beautiful lemon flavor in your mouth. Lemon is very good ingredients for mascarpone cheese that I will definitely do this again. But, I will double the amount of mascarpone cheese next time. Enjoy it.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment