Sunday 25 October 2015

Cheese Bread


There are thousands of cheeses in the world. Cheddar is the most common one, isn’t it? After coming to the UK, I think I am in the cheese heaven that I can buy lots of different chesses in the shops. In Taiwan, we don’t have so many types to choose. As a fan of cheese, I went to the shop and purchased different types of cheese every week when I firstly came here. I know someone might say I am crazy. But, if you like one thing a lot and there are limited choices in your country, you will probably do this thing as well.

So, what I do this time is to combine cheese and bread together. I just call it cheese bread.

Oven Temperature Setting: 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
Baking Time: Around 20~25 minutes
Recipe: One loaf



 
Steps of Cheese Bread

(1) Add flour, salt and sugar into a big bowl. Mix a little.
(2) Add 200 ml milk with instant yeast and egg into the bowl. Knead it into the chunk
(Selena’s Kitchen Talk: My instant yeast’s instruction is to add yeast in the liquid around 5 minutes. Check the instruction before using it.)
(3) Then, knead olive oil into the dough.


(4) Knead the rest of milk into the dough gradually until it turns softer and more elastic.
(5) Shape the dough into a ball and put back to the bowl. Leave the dough in a warm place to double its size. It takes around 90 ~ 120 minutes


(6) Move the dough to the working table with light flour. When the dough is ready, shape it into a big loaf. Set aside at a warm place and wait for it double the size again. It takes around 40 ~ 60 minutes.


(7) Brush water over the top of bread. Sprinkle grated cheese over the top. Send the cheese bread into the pre-heat oven at 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6. It takes around 20~25 minutes until it turns golden on the top.


 

Simply speaking, it just sprinkles some grated cheese over the top of the usual dough. But, it enriches the bread full of cheese flavor. My friend and I, we are just two people, ate out within 2 days. So, come on and try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment