Friday 23 October 2015

Apple Cake

This recipe of Apple Cake is the best one I ever baked. This is Mary Bery’s recipe. On her website, it is called “The Very Best Apple Dessert Cake.” And it is true. I have used this recipe to bake several times. And everyone always tells me to share this recipe. And so far, I still feel it is the best I ever have.

I still remember the first time my friend and I baked this one. When we took the cake out of the baking tin, there were some crumbs dropped to the table. We were planning to try the flavor, but it was too yum that we just used our hand to grab the cake and ate it directly. So, you can see how tasty it is. If you are a big fan of any type of apple dessert, you must try this one.

Oven Temperature Setting: 160C/325F/Gas Mark 3
Baking Time: 70 ~ 90 minutes
Recipe: A 7” round baking tray



 
Steps of Apple Cake

(1) Melt all butter. And set aside
(2) Peel, core, and slice the apple. When slicing the apple, if you put half of the apple in horizontal way and slice. You will find it out it is easier to slice it in similar size.


(3) Add egg, almond extract and melted butter in a bowl. Mix all ingredients well.
(4) Add flour, baking powder, sugar gradually into the bowl. Well-incorporate all of them.


(5) Pour half of the batter into the baking tray.
(6) Lay the sliced apple in the batter.
(Selena’s Kitchen Talk: It is not necessary to place like what I did.)
(7) Spoon the rest of dough into the slot between two sliced apples. It is very hard to do it. If some mixture is over the top of apple, it doesn’t matter. It will melt into the slot when baking it.


(8) Send it the cake into the pre-heat oven at 160C/325F/Gas Mark 3. It takes around 70~90 minutes.
 
Oh… It is so delicious. Again, the crust top is the best among the cake. Serving in hot is the best way to eat this apple cake. And eating with vanilla custard or ice cream just lets it better. I have baked it several times and I will keep baking this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment