Tuesday 27 October 2015

Beef Stroganof


When having a walk this afternoon, my friend asked me what I would like to choose to eat at restaurants. I think beef is one of my choices. Because I have anemia, my doctor suggests me to watch out my eating habits and should eat more red meat. Beef has very high protein and is a great source of heme iron. I like to cook different kinds of beef stew. Though it takes hours, beef is so tender and delicious. And you can cook a lot once, and then save it in the fridge. Eat any time when you want it. It is very convenient, isn’t it?

Recipe: Serve 4 people
 
 
Steps of Beef Stroganof

(1) Prepare a saucepan. Add some oil in. Switch the medium heat on. Add the beef in. Fried the beef until the surfaces turn golden. Then, pour the beef into a bowl. Set aside.

(2) Use the same pan to fry onion and mushroom for around 5 minutes. Add some oil if needed.
(3) Add beef back to the pan. Add water and beef stock in the pan. Bring it to boil.

(4) Add mustard sauce, tomato purée, and chopped rosemary. Incorporate all ingredients well. Boil it around 5 minutes. And then switch the heat off.

(5) Pour Beef Stroganof to slow cooker. Turn it to the low heat and cook around 3 hours until beef turns tender. Add Crème Fraîche into the slower cooker 30 minutes before it is ready.

(6) Season with salt if it is necessary.

The weather is getting colder and colder that we definitely need more hot food to eat. The tender beef and mushroom with creamy sauce is perfect for you in the cold weather. Beef Stoganof is suitable for pasta, rice, or bread. Keep warm and eat more comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment