Tuesday 6 October 2015

Salted Caramel Custard

 
Custard sauce is a very useful sauce for dessert. For some cakes, like crumble cake, you can eat with it. For some desserts, like swiss roll, you can wrap custard sauce in. For some desserts, like magic cake, you make custard as part of cake. I think the reason we like custard is because we love the silky and creamy flavor in our mouth.

I did salted caramel custard for my swiss roll. Though I don’t mind the double cream, too much cream will be too over for me. Then, I think, why not wrap custard sauce in?

Recipe: Around 300 ml
                                
 Salted Caramel Sauce Link
 
Step

(1) Prepare a saucepan. Heat up milk by small heat
(2) Add egg yolks into the milk. Whisk the yolks into the milk
(3) Add sugar, flour and corn starch into milk mixture gradually. Mix everything well before adding more.


(4) Add salted caramel sauce into the pan. Mix it. Keep whisking it when simmering it. Cook it until it turns thick. Then, switch off the heat.
(Selena’s Kitchen Talk: When it starts to turn thick, I’ll switch off the heat. I’ll use the heat left in the pan to cook it. If we switch off the heat too late, it might overcook.)


No comments:

Post a Comment