Thursday 15 October 2015

Apple Strudel


I received a postcard from my friend who visited Austria. Printed on the postcard is not any famous city in Austria. It is printed the most famous Austria cakes. It is a really lovely postcard because she knows I love to do lots of different baking. If there is no one telling what the most famous cake is in Austria, I will never know it. I think it is called friendship. I know she will always support me even though we stay at different countries. I know we might not have any opportunities see each other often like what we usually did. But, a hello and a postcard are represented the love between you.
Totally, there are 6 cakes on that postcard. For her, I’ll do my best to study all of them and blog all of them.

Oven Temperature Setting: 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
Baking Time: 20~25 minutes
Recipe: Serve 5~6 people

 
 
Steps of Apple Strudel

(1) Juice and zest the lemon. And then, soak raisins into the juiced. Set aside.


(2) Prepare a saucepan. Place chopped apple into the saucepan. Cook apple with sugar and 40 g butter by small heat until it turns soft. It takes around 10~15 minutes. If there is any juice left, dry the apple. 


(3) Switch the heat. Add lemon juice, raisins, nutmeg, and breadcrumbs into the apple. Well-incorporated all ingredients. Cool down around 10~15 minutes.


(4) Melt another 40 g butter. Brush melting butter over the top of one sheet of Filo pastry.
(5) Cover another one and repeat step (4) and (5) until using out all Filo pastry.
(6) Place Apple mixture over the top of Filo Pastry



 
(7) Roll it up. Brush the rest of melting butter over the top.
(8) Slash over the top. Send it into the pre-heat oven at 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Bake Apple Strudel until the surface turns golden and crispy. It takes around 20~25 minutes.
 
                     

I can understand why Apple Strudel can be so popular in Austria. It has a very crispy pastry and with a very soft apple mixture inside. A little nutmeg flavor. Everything is so balanced. Some people just eat purely, some people eat it with custard sauce. For me, I eat with caramel ice cream. I like that hot-and-cold feeling. Just Enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment