Friday 25 September 2015

Sticky Toffee Pudding


I would like to do sticky toffee pudding for ages. Last time, I flied back to Taiwan, I had a very tasty sticky toffee pudding. This is what I wanted to do. So, I studied this recipe for ages. Actually, the salted caramel sauce was prepared for my sticky toffee pudding. But, the day I was going to prepare it, my friend brought some apple crumble to us. So, I just put my all baking things back to the cupboard waiting for another day. Finally, I did it yesterday so that I can’t wait to share it to people
 
Oven Temperature Setting: 160C/325F/Gas Mark 3
Baking Time: around 30 minutes
Recipe: A 7” round baking tin
(Butter needs to put at temperature at least 30 minutes before using it)



 

Steps

(1) Place egg and milk in a bowl. Whisk it into a light yellow mixture
(2) Add flour and baking powder into egg batter gradually. Mix the batter well before adding more flour in.
(3) Add Light Muscovado Sugar and coffee extract the batter. Mix them well


(4) Add soft butter into the flour batter. Well incorporate all of them
(5) Mix chopped walnuts into the cake mixture. Pour the batter into the baking tin, and then send it to the pre-heating oven at 160C/325F/Gas Mark 3 baking around 30 minutes.


 
When serve it, drizzle a spoon of caramel sauce. And place a vanilla or toffee ice cream over the top. Don’t worry if it will be too sweat. This cake is designed to eat with caramel sauce so that the cake itself is not sweet. Of course, you can eat without anything.
I tried to eat it in HOT and COLD yesterday. Personally, I prefer to eat in HOT. It is very chewy. Enjoy the wonderful baking work.

No comments:

Post a Comment