Saturday 26 September 2015

Potato Pancake

Actually, it was funny when preparing potato pancake. I was reading a recipe of potato scone then I though… WOW… it is very interesting… Normally, we see scone or cheese scone or scone with some dried fruit. Potato scone??? No… It totally triggers my interesting… I put it in my to-do listing. Then, I discussed with my friend, why not have a brunch. I can cook potato scone. Both of us though that it is a good idea. When we had our first bite, we LAUGH… It is potato pancake instead of potato scone. But, it is still very tasty. Eating with bacon, sausages, egg… Very perfect for the brunch.

Recipe: Around 8” Potato Pancake



 
Step

(1) Wash and peel all potato. Chop it into small pieces. Prepare a pan with boiling water. Place all chopped potato into the pan and add 2 tea spoon of salt in. Keep boiling around 12~15 minutes until potato is soft to be mashed.
(2) When potato is ready. Pour over all the water. Then, add butter and milk into the pan. Mix a while. Then, mash the chopped potato. Then, place mashed potato into a big bowl.


(3) Prepare beaten egg, flour, baking powder and another tea spoon of salt into the bowl. Mix all ingredients well
(Selena Kitchen Talk:
*This dough is very sticky because of mashed potato. Don’t worry about the sticky dough
**We ate with sausage and bacon which are salted food. So, I only add 1 tea spoon of salt in my potato dough. If you eat without anything, you can consider to increase the amount salt to 2 tea spoon.)


(4) Prepare a fried pan. Add some oil into the fried pan. Switch to the small-medium heat. When it is ready, place the dough into the fried pan. Fry one side until it turns golden. Turn another side. Again, fry it until it turns golden.


 I always like to try some new things for my cooking. So, I am not surprised when potato scone turned into potato pancake. It is the most amazing thing for cooking. You never know what it is if you try new things. Enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment