Tuesday 15 September 2015

Bacon Pesto Pasta


Blogging how to do pesto sauce means I would like to blog how to do pesto pasta. But, pesto pasta is not as popular as another two. It is not only in Taiwan, but also here in the UK. The Italian restaurants I have been in Leicester don’t have pesto pasta. It really makes me wonder. But, I know lots of people liking pesto pasta.

I went to food shopping at Sainsbury’s last week. Saw a big basil pot there. The strong and fresh flavor … OH… I knew I would like to bring it back to home and use it to cook lots of things. So, of course, the first thing is the classic pesto pasta.


Recipe: Serve 1 person


Steps of Bacon Pesto Pasta

(1) Prepare all ingredients
(2) Place spaghetti into the pan and add some salt. Pour the boiling water and add 1 tea spoon olive oil the pan. Switch onto the high heat and keep boiling it. It takes around 8~10 minutes. It needs to stir 2 or 3 times when boiling to prevent spaghetti sticking together.
(3) At the same time, add 1 table spoon olive oil into another fried pan. Switch to the medium heat. Add onion into the fried pan. Cook for around 2 minute.


(4) Add bacon into the fried pan. Cook it for around 2 minutes.
(5) Place mushroom and broccoli into the fried pan. Cover with the lid and cook around 4 minutes.
(6) Then, dry spaghetti. And place all spaghetti into the fried pan. Add the pesto sauce and 2 ~ 3 table spoon spaghetti water into the fried pan. Cover with the lid. Cook for another 2~3 minutes. Before placing onto the plate, taste it. If it is not so salty, add  a little salt into it.
(Selena’s Kitchen Talk: I always medium cook my pasta. And then, cook my past with the sauce. The flavor of pasta will be more tasty if you cook in this way.)


No comments:

Post a Comment