Monday 23 November 2015

Egg Custard Tart with Blackberry Apple


Last Saturday, It snowed in the UK. It is really unusually. Before coming to here, I always thought that it is very normal to see snow when countries at higher latitude. But, I was wrong!! Having snow depends on what kind of geography it is. Although here is at high latitude, but there is a few high mountains. So, it is unusual to have snow. Maybe in January. Just maybe. But, this year, having snow in November let me expect to have white X’mas. Oh… I definitely look forward to it. Anyway, it is very cold here. So, please keep warm.

My friend’s friend gave us some apples last week. I don’t really like to eat apple, but it like to use it in my cooking and baking. Although I just backed egg custard last week, I still want to eat more. I got apple and I want to eat Egg Custard. So, why not bake Egg Custard Tart with some apple filling?

Oven Temperature Setting: 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
Baking Time: Around 20~25 minutes
Recipe: A 7" Egg Custard with Blackberry Apple



 

 
Steps of Egg Custard Tart with Blackberry Apple
(1) Place chopped apple and blackberry in a saucepan. And 20 g sugar in the pan. Switch the small heat on. Cook the apple until it turns soft. Dry it and set aside.


(2) Place eggs and sugar in a sauce pan. Switch the small heat on. Stir it until sugar is melted into the egg.
(3) Add milk and cream into the pan. Switch to medium heat. Keep stirring it. Cook until there are some bubbles floating up to the top. Switch the heat off.


(4) Pour the batter through a sieve twice. This movement can smooth your batter.
(5) Place the blackberry apple filling over the top of pastry. And then, pour the batter over the top of filling. Send it to the pre-heat oven at 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Bake it around 20~25 minutes until it is set but still slightly wobbly in the middle.


 



I think I like this fruit egg custard more than egg custard. It has more flavor for the tart. If you eat pure egg custard too much, sometime, you will feel too much. But, adding with some fruit, it balances. Um.. it is YUM.. Enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment