Monday 16 November 2015

Butternut Squash Soup


There was a fish and chip party  on Wednesday evening last week. So, my friend and I thought we need to have a light lunch to balance it. Otherwise, it will be too much within a day. If you say a light lunch in the UK, it will be a sandwich, salad, or soup. It is cold here now so that drinking soup is better than eating cold sandwich and salad. HAHA… Though I have stayed in the UK over a year and I like to eat sandwich and salad, I still want to choose HOT food in the winter. More Taiwanese style. HOT food.

Recipe: Serve 2~3 people

Steps of Butternut Squash Soup
(1) Chop butternut squash into chunks. Place them on the baking tray. Drizzle some olive oil over the top of butternut squash with some salt and black pepper. Roast it for 45 minutes at 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6 until it turns tender. Then, set aside.


(2) Melt butter in the saucepan. Add finely chopped carrot and onion in the pan. Cover the lid. Cook for around 5~10 minute until it tender.


(3) Put cooked butternut squash, onion, and carrot in a bowl. Purée everything with a hand blender until it turns silky smooth.


(4) Pour all purée back into the pan. Add water and stock and simmer around 20 minutes after boiling. And then, mix cream into the soup. Simmer another 10 minutes. Add some salt if needed. Serve in HOT.

 
 
The taste is lovely. Butternut squash soup is so smooth. Just have one sip that you feel how amazing this soup is. I like this soup a lot, but I am not going to try light lunch anymore.
I was too hungry after my light lunch that I ate muesli, fruits, chocolate bar, and ice cream between my light lunch and fish and chips party. HEE… Anyway, enjoy the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment