Thursday 19 November 2015

Egg Custard Tart


I have baked a mini egg custard this year for a party. On the party, my friend told me how much she likes egg custard. Her mother always baked lots of egg custard for her when she was a little girl. What a coincidence, egg custard was very popular in Taiwan when I was a little girl. I remembered we always had some in the weekend.

HaHa… my friend and another friend will go traveling so that I decide to bake a egg custard for her to eat during the traveling.

Oven Temperature Setting: 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
Baking Time: Around 25~30 minutes
Recipe: A 7" Egg Custard Tart



 

 
Steps of Egg Custard Tart

(1) Place eggs and sugar in a sauce pan. Switch the small heat on. Stir it until sugar is melted into the egg.
(2) Add milk and cream into the pan. Switch to medium heat. Keep stirring it. Cook until there are some bubbles floating up to the top. Switch the heat off.


(3) Pour the batter through a sieve twice. This movement can smooth your batter.
(4) Pour the batter over the top of pasty. Sprinkle some nutmeg over the top of egg custard batter. Send it to the pre-heat oven at 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Bake it around 25~30 minutes until it is set but still slightly wobbly in the middle.

 

 
Um… YUM YUM… Another friend visited our house yesterday. She saw the egg custard and said, “WOW… I want it… I want it… It is what I always had when I was a little girl.” Hee… I think egg custard is our SWEET memory when we were a little girl. So, enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment