Tuesday 15 December 2015

Cheese Scone


X’Mas is closer and closer. Have you put every X’Mas decoration? Do you get your X’Mas jumper? Or, do you start to listen X’Mas songs? When our lives become digitalized, those X’Mas decorations are digitalized as well. When I walked passed our neighbor couple days ago, I saw some scary things. I think, “Oh My God, don’t tell me I see the ghost.” Then I found out I was wrong. It is a light show. There are Santa, snowflake, firework… Those project lights are not always there so you will see some shadow. Technology!! It does make our life easy and make our life scary. Haha

Oven Temperature Setting: 200C/400F/ Gas Mark 6
Baking Time: 12~15 minutes
Recipe: 8 Cheese Scone



 
Steps of Cheese Scone
(1) Add flour, baking powder and salt in a big bowl. Mix a little bit. Then, use your finger tips to rub butter into flour. It will turn into breadcrumbs like
(2) Add 80 g grazed cheese into the mixture. Mix cheese into the crumbs like flour until it distributed evenly.
(3) Add milk and egg into the bowl. Use a knife to mix everything well. Do not over mix it. It should be soft, but a firm dough.
(Selena’s Kitchen Talk: I leave one table spoon of egg for the brushing.)


(4) Then, turn the dough into a floured table. Roll it into a round shape with 1.5 cm height. Cut into quarters firstly, then half each quarter diagonally.
 


(5) Place cut scone on a greased plate. Brush some egg over the top. Drizzle the left cheese over the top. Send them into a pre-heat oven at 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6 for around 12~15 minutes until it turns golden over the top.
 


 

Scone is very easy to make it. It is my lazy baking. I mean I want to eat some dessert, but I am lazy to do some complicated one. Then, making scone could be my choice for my lazy. So, after hard work on house decoration, why not have a scone with a cup of tea or coffee. Enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment