Thursday 10 December 2015

Sesame Bread


At the end of a year, we are all asked to think about what we did right for this year? What did we do still have room to improve? I start this blog after submitting my dissertation this August!! Some people ask me why I would like to write a blog. It is simply. I start from knowing nothing on how to bake to know a little how to bake. It is not only sharing the recipe, but also sharing how much happiness I enjoy it. In Asia, we have few chance to bake. Oven is not the must-to-have kitchenware in Taiwan. I learn everything from the very beginning. So, I think if I can do it. Lots of people can do it. At the end of this year, I would like to encourage people on trying some new things. Then, you will explore out your adventure.

Oven Temperature Setting: 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
Baking Time: Around 15 minutes
Recipe: 8 Sesame Bread

                      

Steps of Sesame Bread

(1) Add flour, salt and sugar into a big bowl. Mix a little.
(2) Add 110 ml water with instant yeast and egg into the bowl. Knead it into the chunk
(*Selena’s Kitchen Talk: I leave 1 table spoon of egg for brushing.
**Selena’s Kitchen Talk: My instant yeast’s instruction is to add yeast in the water around 5 minutes. Check the instruction before using it.)
(3) Then, knead olive oil into the dough.

 

(4) Move the dough into the floured table. Knead milk into the dough gradually until it turns softer and more elastic.
(5) Shape the dough into a ball and put back to the bowl. Leave the dough in a warm place to double its size. It takes around 90 ~ 120 minutes


(6) After the first grow-up, move the dough to the working table with light flour. Separate it to 8 small balls equally.
 
 
(7) Roll one small ball into a long stick. Fold in one side and press it into a flat dough. And lightly moisten both ends with water. Using the flat end wraps another end and press to join. Slightly widen the hole in the middle.


(8) Brush egg over the top. And then, drizzle some sesame over the top.
(9) Repeat step (7) and (8) for the rest of 7 dough.
(10) Set aside at a warm place and wait for bagels double the size again. It takes around 40 ~ 60 minutes.



(11) After the double the size, send them into the pre-heat oven at 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6. It takes around 15 minutes until it turns golden on the top.

 
 
It has a very crispy surface. I like it to serve warm and be split with butter. It will make bread moister. Try this new style bread and enjoy it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment