Monday 11 January 2016

Syrup-Roast Carrots and Parsnips


I know daily diets vary considerably around the world! The major cause is the weather and geographic differences. So, it limits our adventure on looking for new food. Why do I say this? Spending X’Mas with my friends found out some interesting difference could be. For example, pickle onion is a very common food in the UK. Most British people like it and eat it as the side or in the tea time when they grow up. For me and another Asian friend, we don’t like this tasty. The Asian friend brought some red bean pancake (Dorayaki). Most of my British friends don’t like it. But, it is a very common dessert in most of Asian cities.

So, I think it is not only climate and geographic issues are the major cause, but also psychology will affect a person’s diet, right?

Oven Temperature Setting: 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
Baking Time: 40 minutes
Serve: Around 3~4 people


 
Steps of Roast Carrot and Parsnip

(1) Add sliced carrot and parsnip into the pan. Bring to boil for 5 minutes. Then, drain them in a colander.



(2) Place it on the bake tray. Sprinkle oil over the top, and then season with salt and black pepper. Drizzle over the syrup.


(3) Roast for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn them over. Return to the oven and roast for another 20 minutes until they are tender and caramelized.

Before coming to the UK, I never thought of how tasty roast carrots and parsnips could be. Or, I never eat parsnip before. So, open our mind to enjoy new food. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment